Code of Conduct…1261 League
Basic League Rules:
- Format is 8 v 8 (or 9v9, captains will agree.)
- Games will be (3) 25 minute periods with a 5 minute interval.
- No slide-tackling
- No offside
- Teams must have at least 2 women on the field at all times
- 2 goal maximum per player per game. Subsequent goals will result in a goal kick!
- Women’s goals count for 2, men’s goals count for 1
- Coast to coast rule – players may not play solo soccer end-to-end without sharing the ball. (This is to to encourage participation from all players.) Top players in this league get their teammates involved in the game.
- No referees Captains will govern their respective team’s conduct. Captains are to meet before the start of the game.
- No free kicks. Rules violations and fouls, stoppages, or injury time outs should result in a ball being played back to the offended team.
- Captains will delegate the responsibility of a single timekeeper to a volunteer family member or friend on the sideline
Things to Keep in Mind:
- This league was established to create a fun, friendly games atmosphere for participants.
- While we understand the spirit of competition, we also expect players to be respectful of their opponents and to consider good sportsmanship—especially when considering the score of the game.
- Many players participate for good exercise. We ask that players do their best to involve all teammates in the play.
- We ask that players are considerate of all players and their varying level of experience and skill—even that of their opponents. We ask that players give weaker opponents the opportunity to try and play.
- We all have to work on Monday! Aggressive play, even that which is within the rules of soccer, is not part of this league’s design. Those practices are conducive to injury.
- We ask all players to practice good sportsmanship. If a foul is committed or a physical play takes place, make sure the offense is reconciled before continuing play.