FUNdamentals Soccer Camps for children ages 5-14
ABYSA FUNdamentals Soccer Camp is a great way for your child to spend a week having fun, while playing the world’s most popular sport! Each day, campers work on their skills, play games, and swim at the pool—while enjoying the other campers and the staff. We offer a games-centered teaching approach that enriches players’ passion for soccer while teaching proper soccer techniques for future soccer success. Throughout the week the will work on various techniques or skills such as dribbling, passing, receiving, shielding, and shooting.
- Half-day camps for 5-6 year olds (9 AM – 12PM / Half-day campers will not go to the pool) $125/week
- Full-day camps for ages 7-14. (9AM -4PM) $215/week
- Early Bird Drop off available at 7:30 AM for additional fee $25/week
- Lunch can be provided for an additional fee of $30/week
- Located at the John B. Lewis Soccer Complex at Azalea Park in East Asheville.
All campers are placed in proper age groups to ensure developmentally appropriate teaching and competition. Children 11-14 will receive individual and small group tactical instruction—this is ideal for Recreation, Challenge, and younger Classic players.
Our FUNdamentals camps run most of the weeks of the summer. Annually, we offer eight weeks of summer camp and one week of spring break camp.
2017 Spring Break Camp (April 10-14) – Register online here
2017 Summer Camp Dates: Register online here
|Camp #1 – June 12-16||Camp #6 – July 24-28|
|Camp #2 – June 19-23||Camp #7 – July 31-Aug 4|
|Camp #3 – June 26-30||Camp #8 – August 7-11|
|Camp #4 – July 10-14|
|Camp #5 – July 17-21|
Shane Weems, Camp Director & ABYSA Director of Coaching
- USSF National "A" Coaching License
- NSCAA Premier Diploma
- USSF National Youth License
- Former Professional Player with the Charleston Battery which advanced to the USISL Semi-Finals in 94 (falling to the Minnisota Thunder) and winning the USISL Atlantic Conference title in 95. Also, played for the Hampton Roads Mariners in (96) who reached the USISL Select Six, and played indoor soccer for the Atlanta Magic which went on to win the USISL Indoor Championship in 1994/1995 season. Played a short stint with the Tobago Pros in Scarborough, Tobago under former T&T National team coach Bertile St. Clair in 94.
- Former NCAA Div. I player and 2 year team captain at the College of Charleston (1990-94) recieving All-South and All-Conference honors while playing central midfield for the Cougars.
- Former Assistant Coach, Mens Soccer at the University of North Carolina at Asheville, UNCA (2010-2015)
- NC ODP Age Group Assistant Coach Coach (2010)
- NC Coaches Education Staff (2006-2010)
Paul Buckley, Assistant Camp Director & BCS Physical Education Teacher (Weaverville Elementary/Primary)
- USSF National Youth License
- USSF "D" Coaching License
- Former NCAA Div. 2 player for Mars Hill College.
- Former USL player for the West Virginia Chaos and the New Orleans Jesters
- Arena Soccer League player for Performance FC
- ABYSA FUNdamentals camp staff for 11 years
- HFC Staff coach (9 years)
Other Camp Staff coaches include former collegiate and professional players most of whom coach teams in the Highland Football Club (HFC).
- United States Youth Soccer Association (USYSA) national youth license.
- Certified by American Red Cross in CPR and First Aid.
For more information about camp, please call 828.299.7277 Ext 305.
SUMMER CAMP CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY:
- Cancellations must be made 10 days prior to first day of camp to receive a full refund minus a $10 administrative fee.
- Cancellations made less than 10 days before first day of camp will receive a 50% refund minus a $10.00 administrative fee.
- Full refund minus $10.00 fee will be given in the event of a family relocation or medical reason documented by physician if requested 5 days prior to the first date of camp. If made later than 5 days prior to camp then we will issue a 50% refund minus a $10 administrative fee.