Under 10 Programs- Fall & Spring Seasons Available
Children born between: Aug 1, 2006 and July 31, 2007
- Registration: The on-time deadline for the spring season is January 25, 2017. Let your friends know they can register their child today!
- Late Registrations: Registrations received after the January 25 deadline are subject to a late fee of $10. Late registrants are added to a team if space is available. We will call you if we are unable to place your player on a team.
- Contact Info: We are located at 593 Azalea Rd E.. Asheville, NC 28805. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-299-7277 Ext. 305.
- Season Runs: Fall season (September-November); Spring season (March-May)
- Length of Season: 2-3 week preseason (1 practice per week) followed by 7-8 week season (2 sessions a week—1 practice in your local school district and 1 game on Saturday).
- Rain Make-ups: When cancelled due to weather, games are made up on a weeknight later in the season or will be added after your last scheduled game.
- Game Play Locations: Buncombe County Sports Park, John B. Lewis Soccer Complex, and Karpen Park.
- Cost: $103 which includes a new uniform with jersey, shorts, and socks. All players get a new uniform each fall season in ABYSA. For the spring season, if you played in the previous fall season then registration is $81.00 since you have the uniform already.
- Format: Teams play 6v6 (5 field players and a goalkeeper). Games are held on a 60 X 40 yard field with no offside rule. Goalkeepers may not punt or throw ball over the center line.
- Description: Teams are formed by school district and practice one day a week not too far from home. Both COED and all-girls team options are offered. Most games are played on Saturdays. Coaches use a curriculum of developmentally appropriate practice activities designed by ABYSA Director of Coaching and Player Development, Shane Weems. All activities are fun games intended to develop basic skills and further each child’s love for the game.