Under-6 Program- Spring 2013
Children born between: Aug 1st, 2006 and July 31st, 2007
- Registration: The on-time deadline for the spring season is January 16th, 2013. Let your friends know they can register their child today!
- Late Registrations: Any registration received after the January 16th deadline is subject to a late fee of $10.00.
- Contact Info: We are located at 410 Swannanoa River Road, across from the Super Wal-Mart. Our phone number is 828-299-7277 Ext. 305
- Season runs: Fall season (September-November); Spring season (March-May)
- Length of Season: 7 weeks, one hour session on Saturdays
- Cost: $75 which includes new uniform consisting of (jersey, shorts, and socks). All players recieve new uniforms each fall. The fee for all returning players from the Fall 2012 season will $58 since your child has a uniform already.
- Format: Games will be 3 v 3 and will played on a 20 × 30 yard field.
- Description: U6 teams play each Saturday. Each team is assigned a time-slot that will remain the same throughout the season. Coaches work together to take their play group through a 30 minute practice and then play a 30 minute game within the hour time slot. Players are expected to be part of the practice as well as the game. Coaches use a curriculum made up of age appropriate practice activities designed by ABYSA Director of Coaching and Player Development, Shane Weems. All activities are fun games intended to develop players’ basic skills and further each child’s love for the game.