Under-7 Program – Fall & Spring Seasons Available
Children born between: Aug 1st, 2009 and July 31st, 20010
- Registration: The on-time deadline for spring season is June 29, 2016. Let your friends know they can register their child today!
- Late Registrations: Registrations received after the June 29 deadline are subject to a late fee of $10. Each late registrant is added to a team if space is available. We will notify you if we are unable to place your player on a team.
- Contact Info: We are located at 593 Azalea Rd. Asheville, NC 28803. Our phone number is 299-7277 Ext. 305.
- Season runs: Fall season (September-November); Spring season (March-May)
- Length of Season: 2-3 week pre-season (1 practice per week) followed by 8-week season (2 sessions a week—1 practice in your local school district and 1 game on Saturday).
- Rain Make-ups: When a game is cancelled due to weather, games are made up on a weeknight later in the season or added after your last scheduled game.
- Game Play Locations: Buncombe County Sports Park
- Cost: $103 which includes new uniform (shirts, shorts, and socks) All players recieve a new uniform each fall. For the spring, if you played in the previous fall season then the cost of registration is $81.00 since you have the uniform already.
- Format: Games str 4 v 4 (no goalkeeper) and played on a 30 × 40 yard field.
- Description: Teams are formed by school district and practice one day a week not too far from home. Both boys and girls teams are offered. Girls may play in the boy’s division by including the request in the special request field while registering. Most games are played on Saturdays and each team is assigned a time-slot that remains the same throughout the season. Coaches use a curriculum of developmentally appropriate practice activities designed by ABYSA Director of Coaching and Player Development, Shane Weems. All activities are fun games intended to develop players’ basic skills and further each child’s love for the game.