Under-8 Programs – Fall & Spring Seasons Available
Children born between: Aug 1, 2008 and July 31, 2009
- Registration: The on-time deadline for Spring season is January 25, 2017. Let your friends know they can register their child today!
- Late Registrations: Any registration received after the January 25 deadline are subject to a late fee of $10. Each late registrant is added to a team if space is available.
- Contact Info: We are located at 593 Azalea Rd E.. Asheville, NC 28805. For more information please contact email@example.com or 828-299-7277 Ext. 305.
- Season runs: Fall season (September-November); Spring season (March-May)
- Length of Season: 2-3 week preseason (1 practice per week) followed by 8 week season (2 sessions a week—1 practice in your local school district and 1 game on Saturday).
- Rain Make-ups: When a game is cancelled due to weather, games are made up on a weeknight later in the season or will be added after your last scheduled game.
- Game Play Locations: John B. Lewis Soccer Complex (JBL), and North Buncombe Park (NBP).
- Cost: $103 which includes new uniform consisting of (jersey, shorts, and socks). Players receive a new uniform each fall season from ABYSA. In the spring, if you played in the previous fall season then the cost of registration is $81 since you have the uniform already.
- Format: Games str 4v4 [played on a 30 × 40 yard field. No Goalies.
- Description: Teams are formed by school district and practice one day a week close to home. Both boys and girls teams are offered. Most games are played on Saturdays and each team is assigned a time-slot that remains the same throughout the season. Coaches use a curriculum of developmentally appropriate practice activities designed by ABYSA Director of Coaching and Player Development, Shane Weems. All activities are fun games intended to develop players’ basic skills and further each child’s love for the game.