Under-8 Programs – Fall and Spring seasons available
Children born between: Aug 1st, 2005 and July 31st, 2006
- Registration: The on-time deadline for the Spring season is January 20th, 2014. Let your friends know they can register their child today!
- Late Registrations: Any registration received after the January 20th deadline is subject to a late fee of $10.00. Each late registrant is added to a team if space is available.
- Contact Info: We are located at 410 Swannanoa River Road, across from Super Wal-Mart. Our phone number is 299-7277 Ext. 305.
- Season runs: Fall season (September-November); Spring season (March-May)
- Length of Season: 2-3 week preseason (1 practice per week) followed by 8 week season (2 sessions a week—1 practice in your local school district and 1 game on Saturday).
- Rain Make-ups: When a game is cancelled due to weather, games will be made up during a weeknight later in the season or will be added after your last scheduled game.
- Game Play Locations: Buncombe County Sports Park, John B. Lewis Soccer Complex, and North Buncombe Park.
- Cost: $85 which includes new uniform consisting of (jersey, shorts, and socks). All players will get a new uniform each fall season in ABYSA. If you played in the fall then the cost of registration is $68.00 since you have the uniform already.
- Format: Games will be 4v4 on a 30 × 40 yard field. Games will have one referee.
- Description: Teams are formed by school district and practice one day a week close to home. Both COED and all-girls teams are offered. Most games are played on Saturday and each team is assigned a time-slot that remains the same throughout the season. Coaches use a curriculum of developmentally appropriate practice activities designed by ABYSA Director of Coaching and Player Development, Shane Weems. All activities are fun games intended to develop players’ basic skills and further each child’s love for the game.