Under-9 Programs- Fall and Spring seasons available
Children born between: Aug 1st, 2005 and July 31st, 2006
- Registration: The ont-time deadline for the Spring season is JJune 27th, 2014. Let your friends know they can register their child today!
- Late Registrations: Any registration received after the June 27th deadline is subject to a late fee of $10.00. Each late registrant is added to a team if space is available. We will call you if we are unable to place your player on a team.
- Contact Info: We are located at 410 Swannanoa River Road, across from Super Wal-Mart. Our phone number is 299-7277 Ext. 305.
- Season runs: Fall season (September-November); Spring season (March-May)
- Length of Season: 2-3 week preseason (1 practice per week) followed by 8 week season (2 sessions a week—1 practice in your local school district and 1 game on Saturday).
- Rain Make-ups: When a game is cancelled due to weather, games will be made up during a weeknight later in the season or will be added after your last scheduled game.
- Game Play Locations: Buncombe County Sports Park, John B. Lewis Soccer Complex, and North Buncombe Park.
- Cost: $98.00 which includes a new uniform consisting of a jersey, shorts, and socks. All players get a new uniform each fall in ABYSA. If you played in the fall then the cost of registration is $78.00 since you have the uniform already.
- Format: teams play 6v6 (5 field players and a goalkeeper). Games will be held on 60 X 40 yard field with no offside rule. Goalkeepers may not punt or throw over the center line.
- Description: Teams are formed by school district and practice one day a week not too far from home. Both COED and all-girls team options are offered. Most games are played on Saturday and each team is assigned a time-slot that remains the same throughout the season. Coaches use a curriculum of developmentally appropriate practice activities designed by ABYSA Director of Coaching and Player Development, Shane Weems. All activities are fun games intended to develop players’ basic skills and further each child’s love for the game.