Under-9 Programs- Fall & Spring Seasons Available
Children born between: Aug 1, 2007 and July 31, 2008
- Registration: The on-time deadline for Spring season is January 25, 2017. Let your friends know they can register their child today!
- Late Registrations: Registrations received after January 25 deadline are subject to a late fee of $10. Late registrations are added to a team if space is available. We will call you if we are unable to place your player on a team.
- Contact Info: We are located at 593 Azalea Rd E.. Asheville, NC 28805. For more information please contact email@example.com or 828-299-7277 Ext. 305.
- Season Runs: Fall season (September-November); Spring season (March-May)
- Length of Season: 2-3 week pre-season (1 practice per week) followed by 8 week season (2 sessions a week—1 practice in your local school district and 1 game on Saturday).
- Rain Make-ups: When cancelled due to weather, games are made up during a weeknight later in the season or added after your last scheduled game.
- Game Play Locations: Buncombe County Sports Park, John B. Lewis Soccer Complex, and Karpen Park.
- Cost: $103 which includes a new uniform with jersey, shorts, and socks. All players get a new uniform each fall in ABYSA. For the sping season, if you played in the fall, registration is $81 since you have the uniform already.
- Format: teams play 6v6 (5 field players and a goalkeeper). Games will be held on 60 X 40 yard field with no offside rule. Goalkeepers may not punt or throw over the center line.
- Description: Teams are formed by school district and practice one day a week not too far from home. Both boys and girls team options are offered. Most games are played on Saturday. Coaches use a curriculum of developmentally appropriate practice activities designed by ABYSA Director of Coaching and Player Development, Shane Weems. All activities are fun games intended to develop basic skills and further each child’s love for the game.