FUNdamentals Soccer Camps for children ages 5-14
2014 Camp Brochure - Coming soon – (2014 dates are below)
ABYSA FUNdamentals Soccer Camp is a great way for your child to spend a week having fun, while playing the world’s most popular sport! Each day, campers work on their skills, play games, and swim at the pool—while enjoying the other campers and the staff. We offer a games-centered teaching approach that enriches players’ passion for soccer while teaching proper soccer techniques for future soccer success. Throughout the week the will work on various techniques or skills such as dribbling, passing, receiving, shielding, and shooting.
- Half-day camps for 5-6 year olds (9 AM – 12PM / Half-day campers will not go to the pool) $115/week
- Full-day camps for ages 7-14. (9AM -4PM) $195/week
- Early Bird Drop off available at 7:30 AM for additional fee $15/week
All campers are placed in proper age groups to ensure developmentally appropriate teaching and competition. Children 11-14 will receive individual and small group tactical instruction—this is ideal for Recreation, Challenge, and younger Classic players.
Our FUNdamentals camps run most of the weeks of the summer. Annually, we offer eight weeks of summer camp and one week of spring break camp.
2014 Spring Break Camp (April 14-18) – Registration will be available in December 2013.
2014 Summer Camp Dates: Registration will be available in December 2013
|Camp #1 – June 9-13||Camp #6 – July 21-25|
|Camp #2 – June 16-20||Camp #7 – July 28-Aug 1|
|Camp #3 – June 23-27||Camp #8 – Aug 4-8|
|Camp #4 – July 7-11||Camp #9 – Aug 11-15|
|Camp #5 – July 14-18|
Shane Weems, Camp Director & ABYSA Director of Coaching
- USSF National "A" Coaching License
- NSCAA Premier Diploma
- USSF National Youth License
- Former NCAA Div. I player and 2 year team captain at the College of Charleston (1990-94) recieving All-South and All-Conference honors while playing central midfield for the Cougars.
- Former Professional Player with the Charleston Battery which advanced to the USISL Semi-Finals in 94 (falling to the Minnisota Thunder) and winning the USISL Atlantic Conference title in 95. Also, played for the Hampton Roads Mariners in (96) who reached the USISL Select Six, and played indoor soccer for the Atlanta Magic which went on to win the USISL Indoor Championship in 1994/1995 season.
- Assistant Coach, Mens Soccer at the University of North Carolina at Asheville (2010-Present)
- NC ODP Staff (2006-Present)
- NC Coaches Education Staff (2006-Present)
Carolyn Warhaftig, Assistant Camp Director & ABYSA Academy and Challenge Director of Coaching
- USSF National "D" Coaching License
- NSCAA National Diploma
- Graduate assistant coach with Western Carolina University
- ODP Western Region Coach
- Smoky Mountain High School coach
- Three year All-Conference player at Division I Colgate University and professional player at Fjolnir FC in Iceland
Other Camp Staff coaches include former collegiate and professional players most of whom coach teams in the Highland Football Club (HFC).
- United States Youth Soccer Association (USYSA) national youth license.
- Certified by American Red Cross in CPR and First Aid.
For more information, call 828.299.7277 Ext 305