ABYSA Recreation Staff
ABYSA Recreation Administrator
828.299.7277 ext 305
ABYSA Recreation Director of Coaching and Player Development
ABYSA FUNdamentals Soccer Camp, Director
ABYSA / HFC Future Stars Development Program, Director
828.299.7277 ext 304
Coaching Credentials and Experience
- USSF "A" Coaching License (2012)
- NSCAA Premier Diploma (2013)
- USSF National Youth License (2004)
- Former Assistant Coach for UNC Asheville Mens Soccer team (2010-2015)
- ABYSA / HFC Classic Coaching Staff (2000-2014) – U11 thru U18 teams
- ABYSA Recreation Director of Coaching (2004-Present)
- ABYSA / HFC Future Stars Development Program, Director (2006-Present)
- ABYSA / HFC Academy Staff (2009-2011)
- NCYSA Coaching Education Staff (2006-2010)
- NCYSA ODP Staff Coach (2006-present)
- NCYSA Recreation Council (2006-present)
- Played professionally for the Charleson Battery (USISL) 94 and 95, Hampton Roads Mariners 96 (USISL), and the Atlanta Magic 94/95 (USISL Indoor), and had a short stint with the Tobago Pros in Scarborough,Tobago in 94.
- Played center midfield for NCAA Division I College of Charleston (1990-94) captaining the team during his Jr. and Sr. seasons while receiveing All-Conference and All-South honors. While at CofC, Shane also received the "Gloucos Diementino Award" for excellence in attitude while playing for the Cougars.
- As a youth, Shane’s club team ASA Mustangs 72 (Atlanta, Ga) won 4 Georgia State Championships advancing to USYSA Region III Championship final four twice and was a finalist losing to the North Texas Longhorns in 88’.
- An All-State and All-County selection in HS playing for Central Gwinnett HS in Lawerenceville, Ga.
- Member of the Georgia ODP team throughout his youth, earning a spot on the Region team and representing Region 3 at National Camp in 1986.
- Toured Europe for 36 days with Teams USA at age 15 playing in the Gothia Cup (Sweden), the Dana Cup (Denmark) and the Holland Cup (Holland).