Ingles GIFT CARD (Scrip) Program
How Ingles Gift Card Program works in general:
The Ingles Gift Cards used to be colored paper certificates—similar to the certificates used as currency by the military, hence the name “SCRIP.” Regardless of what you choose to call them, scrips/Gift Cards provide you with a great fundraising opportunity. Since ABYSA is a not-for-profit organization, Ingles sells ABYSA Gift Cards in bulk for 95% of face value. That 5% discount is passed on to you to offset your ABYSA fees. ABYSA primarily purchases cards with face value of $50. All orders must be taken in increments of $50.
The secret to making the program work is twofold:
- Make sure you use a gift card anytime you go to Ingles – including purchases of gas, postage stamps, and prescriptions.
- Buy more scrip than you use, and sell the cards at face value to any and all of your friends and relatives. It doesn’t cost them anything extra and they get to support your child in the process – because five percent of the card value is credited to YOUR account.
In fact, some of our ABYSA families pay for ALL of their fees by using – and selling – Ingles gift cards.
The program is coordinated and run by volunteers to ABYSA. Please be considerate of their time and efforts, and be sure to take advantage of this valuable opportunity. The 5% discount from Ingles is passed on entirely to you. The volunteers only receive a heartfelt thank you from ABYSA.
What you need to do to take advantage of the program in the following ways:
- Whenever possible, buy gift cards from the volunteer near the JBL Concession stand while your child is at training. The volunteer will not be available every training night, but he/she should be readily available. Check below for the schedule.
- Once you get to know your distributor, email them a day or two in advance and let them know how much you want.
- If you can’t meet the volunteer at JBL, or the volunteer isn’t at JBL when you are, you may contact one of the distributors listed below and make arrangements directly with them to buy cards.
- Write your check to “ABYSA Scrip” for 100% of face value of Gift Cards being purchased. No Cash.
- Write the player’s first and last name on the memo line, so that when the funds are distributed back to ABYSA, we will know which player should receive the credit.
- ABYSA will credit any gift card monies for Academy or Challenge to you prior to the next due date of fees and at the beginning of each season. Your credit will offset your fees.
- Please be patient – scrip credit must be given by hand in our system. Keep track of your purchases so you know how much credit to expect for the upcoming season.
Important Information about the Gift Cards:
- They are considered CASH and cannot be deactivated, refunded, etc. Keep them safe.
- IMPORTANT: When buying gas, it is important to swipe card THEN WAIT until the screen says to “Remove Nozzle.” Then, select your gas and pump. If you don’t wait and you pick up the nozzle or push the button to select your gas, then the communication between the card and the computer is broken, and the card will be temporarily shut off for 2 hours. If you try to use it during that time, it will show a $0 balance. Card and balance will be restored in 2 hours.
- Occasionally, the magnetic strip may go bad on a card, especially if you keep it next to a cell phone or magnet. The cashier can type in the number on the bottom of the card to use it.
- If you want one card with a bigger balance, you can buy multiple $50 gift cards and have the cashier at Ingles combine all the cards into one larger denomination card.
- Throw away emptied cards. Don’t reload them at Ingles because you won’t get the 5% credit for soccer. Only cards purchased through ABYSA will give you the 5% benefit.
- Sell cards to friends, family, church members, businesses – anyone who will buy them for face value. You will receive the 5% credit on all cards you use or sell. They make great gifts especially for business contacts during the holidays – hairdressers, cleaning crews, babysitters, etc. (one $50 card can be split down into smaller denomination cards at Ingles) BE CREATIVE!
- To check card balance, call the toll-free number on the back of the card. Punch in the card number as directed, and the automated system will tell you the balance as well as the usage record for that card – dates and amounts of each purchase
Rob Corley – South Asheville/Arden email@example.com
Kevin Epley – Biltmore Lake/Enka area firstname.lastname@example.org
Nancy McCord – South Asheville/ Biltmore Park email@example.com
Tonya Roberts – East Asheville/ Haw Creek/ Skyland firstname.lastname@example.org
Airley Ferrell – Swannanoa email@example.com
Paul Tax – North Asheville firstname.lastname@example.org
Tournament Program Advertising Sales
ABYSA hosts invitational tournaments each year, and for each of these events, a tournament program is produced. ABYSA families are encouraged to solicit local businesses to place tournament advertisements, post on-site banners, etc. Fifty percent of all ad sales will be returned to the player’s team to be used specifically towards their account balance.
Information on the program is available on our website and will be given to player families prior to the Asheville Riverside Summer Shootout every August.
G.O.A.L.S Financial Aid
(Granting Opportunities for Advancement in Life through Soccer)
This program provides financial support to committed players who otherwise would not be able to participate in Academy soccer. The Financial Aid Application (click here) is an online form, and all information is kept confidential. Applicants should be committed to Academy soccer and should regularly participate in the other fundraising opportunities offered by ABYSA.
The Financial Aid is need-based and each application is individually reviewed by the G.O.A.L.S. Funding Committee.
If families utilize the Ingles gift card, Tournament Ad Sales, and if necessary, G.O.A.L.S Financial Aid program, ABYSA is confident that any committed player and family can financially afford to participate in Challenge.