FUNdamentals Soccer Camps for children ages 5-14
ABYSA FUNdamentals Soccer Camp is a great way for your child to spend a week having fun, while playing the world’s most popular sport! Each day, campers work on their skills, play games, and swim at the pool—while enjoying the other campers and the staff. We offer a games-centered teaching approach that enriches players’ passion for soccer while teaching proper soccer techniques for future soccer success. Throughout the week the will work on various techniques or skills such as dribbling, passing, receiving, shielding, and shooting.
- Half-day camps for 5-6 year olds (9 AM – 12PM / Half-day campers will not go to the pool) $120/week
- Full-day camps for ages 7-14. (9AM -4PM) $205/week
- Early Bird Drop off available at 7:30 AM for additional fee $20/week
- Lunch can be provided for an additional fee of $25/week
All campers are placed in proper age groups to ensure developmentally appropriate teaching and competition. Children 11-14 will receive individual and small group tactical instruction—this is ideal for Recreation, Challenge, and younger Classic players.
Our FUNdamentals camps run most of the weeks of the summer. Annually, we offer eight weeks of summer camp and one week of spring break camp.
2015 Spring Break Camp (March 30-April 3rd) – Register online here.
2015 Summer Camp Dates: Register online here.
|Camp #1 – June 15-19||Camp #6 – July 27-31|
|Camp #2 – June 22-26||Camp #7 – August 3-7|
|Camp #3 – July 6-10||Camp #8 – August 10-14|
|Camp #4 – July 13-17|
|Camp #5 – July 20-24|
Shane Weems, Camp Director & ABYSA Director of Coaching
- USSF National "A" Coaching License
- NSCAA Premier Diploma
- USSF National Youth License
- Former NCAA Div. I player and 2 year team captain at the College of Charleston (1990-94) recieving All-South and All-Conference honors while playing central midfield for the Cougars.
- Former Professional Player with the Charleston Battery which advanced to the USISL Semi-Finals in 94 (falling to the Minnisota Thunder) and winning the USISL Atlantic Conference title in 95. Also, played for the Hampton Roads Mariners in (96) who reached the USISL Select Six, and played indoor soccer for the Atlanta Magic which went on to win the USISL Indoor Championship in 1994/1995 season.
- Assistant Coach, Mens Soccer at the University of North Carolina at Asheville (2010-Present)
- NC ODP Staff (2006-Present)
- NC Coaches Education Staff (2006-Present)
Paul Buckley, Assistant Camp Director & BCS Physical Education Teacher (Weaverville Elementary)
- USSF National Youth License
- USSF "D" Coaching License
- Former NCAA Div. 2 player for Mars Hill College.
- Former USL player for the West Virginia Chaos and the New Orleans Jesters
- Arena Soccer League player for Performance FC
- ABYSA FUNdamentals camp staff for 9 years
- HFC Staff coach (6 years)
Other Camp Staff coaches include former collegiate and professional players most of whom coach teams in the Highland Football Club (HFC).
- United States Youth Soccer Association (USYSA) national youth license.
- Certified by American Red Cross in CPR and First Aid.
For more information about camp, please call 828.299.7277 Ext 305.