Under 11 Programs – Fall & Spring Seasons Available
Children born between: Aug 1, 2005 and July 31, 2006
- Registration: The on-time deadline for the spring season is June 29, 2016. Let your friends know they can register their child today!
- Late Registrations: Registrations received after June 29 deadline are subject to a late fee of $10. Late registrations are added to a team if space is available. We will call you if we are unable to place your player on a team.
- Contact Info: We are located at 593 Azalea Rd. Asheville, NC 28803. Our phone number is 299-7277 Ext. 305.
- Season Runs: Fall season (September-November); Spring season (March-May)
- Length of Season: 2-3 week preseason (1 practice per week) followed by 7-8 week season (2 sessions a week—1 practice in your local school district and 1 game on Saturday).
- Rain Make-ups: When cancelled due to weather, games are made up on a weeknight later in the season or added after your last scheduled game.
- Game Play Locations: Buncombe County Sports Park (BCSP), John B. Lewis Soccer Complex (JBL), North Buncombe Park, and Steen’s Field
- Cost: $103 which includes a new uniform with jersey, shorts, and socks. All players recieve a new uniform each fall in ABYSA. In the spring, if you played in the previous fall, registration is $81.00 since you have the uniform already.
- Format: Teams play 8v8 (7 field players and a goalkeeper). Games are held on 75 X 50 yard field. Offsides will be called..
- Description: Teams are formed by school district and practice one day a week not too far from home. Both boys and girls team options are offered. Most games are played on Saturdays. Coaches use a curriculum of developmentally appropriate practice activities designed by ABYSA Director of Coaching and Player Development, Shane Weems. All activities are fun games intended to develop basic skills and further each child’s love for the game.